Jerry J. Jerrie
George the Crow
Harold J. Scott
1. George (and his partner Barney) joined the Vent Haven
collection in 1980.
2. This was the original George the Crow, used by professional
ventriloquist Stu Scott.
3. George and Stu were usually joined onstage by a similar figure,
Barney the Bullfrog.
4. Figuremaker Harold J. Scott was Stu's father.
5. In 1957, Scott's father created a duplicate of both George the
Crow and Barney the Bullfrog. However, those duplicates were stolen
from Stu's car in 1964 while it was parked in Lubbock, Texas.
6. Scott had George and Barney copied in latex rubber by Don Post,
and Scott performed with the latex figures until his death.
7. George is on display in Building One of the museum. He is not
visible in any of the
QuickTime Virtual Pans of the
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us